Once the forest service roads re-open, continue to fish at JD Dam Lake, Elk and Perkins Tanks and, as part of the partnership agreement with Arizona Game and Fish to gather trout data, please complete the creel survey. This is easy to do citizen science; the objective is to determine what lives in these stillwater ponds. So team up with another club member and commit to these Creel Survey fishing trips. Late fall 2017 our friends at Game and Fish stocked a small amount of fish in Perkins and JD Dam ponds, so please fish these areas. It is believed the stocking at Perkins was in part due to the limited number of fish found via the creel surveys; we are of the opinion that frequent visits to these ponds help reduce the poaching.
NAF Fly Fish Events
- March 31st — Lees Ferry fishing class room training session: Classroom training session on where and how to fish Lees Ferry. Class start 9:00 AM until noon at Arizona Game and Fish Department, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road, Flagstaff . This is a joint NAF/TU Grand Canyon Chapter event.
- April 7 – Lees Ferry walk-in river section. Meet up location and time to be determined, check back.
- May – JD Dam: We are coordinating with Kaibab Forest Service on date as we will do fence repair prior to fly casting. Bring you work boots and wading boots.
- May 9-10 Canyon Creek: More information to be announced by Grand Canyon Chapter TU; Joint-up with the CCTU folks.
- June – White Mountains: Plan on being in Greer at the camp grounds on June 20th. Joint-up with Grand Canyon Chapter TU folks.
- August 11-25th – Dubois, Wyoming area: Contact Neil Warner if you are interested email@example.com A few months ago, Neil gave an excellent presentation to the NAF/TU members on this area; it peaked my interest, so I have added this location to my proposed summer trout tour.